Sentences expressing commands, requests, invitations, advice, suggestions and wishes

 Sentences expressing commands, requests, invitations, advice, suggestions, and wishes

Command

  • Do your work.
  • Don't make a noise.
  • Eat your dinner.
  • Let us go there.
  • You will not mention my name to anybody.
  • You must not smoke in public places.
  • You will not disclose your identity to her.
  • You are to deposit entry fees first.

Request

  • May I use your table?
  • Can I have an apple?
  • Can I take one more chocolate?
  • Could I have a cup of tea?
  • Could I use your phone?
  • Could you please show me the way to the hospital?
  • Will you shut the door?
  • Will you bring a glass?

Invitation

  • Will you have a cup of tea?
  • Won't you come in?
  • Won't you have a cup of tea?
  • Would you like a chocolate?

Advice

  • You should improve your vocabulary.
  • You ought to clean your car.
  • You must learn this lesson.
  • You had better change your dress.
  • He had better stop gambling now.
  • If I were you I would buy this house.
  • It is time you bought a new pen.

Suggestion

  • Let us clean the house.
  • Let us play cricket.
  • Let us go to the temple.
  • What about having a drink?
  • What about meeting him?

Wishes

  • May God grant you success!
  • God bless you!
  • Long live the Queen!
  • Have a pleasant day!
  • Enjoy yourself!
  • I wish I were rich.
  • I wish the rain would stop.
  • What do they wish me to cook?

      Comments

      Popular posts from this blog

      Sample Web Page using HTML and CSS

      Software Basics

      Some tips about the right way to charge your phone